Coquelin – We showed character.

Arsenal’s young midfielder Francis Coquelin was delighted about the way the Carling Cup match against Bolton Wanderers went. The Gunners managed to bounce back after being lead by 1-0 and score two goals through Arshavin and Park. The future star declared:

“First of all I am really pleased to win this game. I thought tonight was good, Bolton put out a strong team. We had a young squad out there today but I think we’ve done really well coming out with a 2-1 win – it’s great.”

“They put a lot of pressure on us and scored the goal so after that we had to play better. We didn’t play very well in the first half and we didn’t move the ball around quickly so in the second half the manager asked us to do that. That’s what we did. We got caught but I think we did a good job in coming back into the game. Andrey scored the first one five minutes after and it helped us.”

“I think we showed great character. Obviously some players were making their debut like Nico Yennaris, who had a terrific game tonight and played really well. Ignasi Miquel as well, and I think everyone played really good.“

“We showed character tonight and with that we can go pretty far in this competition and win it.”

Coquelin became a regular first team player for Arsenal’s team in the Carling Cup where Wenger is well known for the fact that he gives younger players a chance. Compared to him others like Miquel and Yennaris seem kids despite the fact that they are about the same age. Arsenal has a very bright future with all these young talents growing within the club, so Wenger can rest assured that his work at Arsenal will be remembered long after he retires.