Wenger wants to kick Chelsea while they are down.

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger wants his team to keep going in the same direction as they are now. The next challenge the club will be faced with is a travel across London where they will meet rivals Chelsea. The win against Bolton was the 4th consecutive in all competitions, and Wenger will be trying to build on that.

“In the first half I believe we had the chances. In the second half we were caught straight away losing the ball in our own half and they scored.”, said the manager.

“From then on of course they tested us. The more experienced players then took charge of the game, especially Arshavin, Park and Benayoun – they made the difference.”

“I have to congratulate the team because we had two young full-backs who are usually central players. In midfield we were very young and we have shown good spirit against a good Bolton side. “

“We want to just keep going and I think it is down to us to change the mind of people. We have a good spirit, a good attitude and there is still some room for improvement of course. We are getting better and better.”

“We had 11 changes from Sunday’s game so of course we will have many changes for Saturday. It’s a top-level game, that means we need to turn up with a top-level performance. I am confident we can get something out of the game. You can fly but you land quickly in our sport. We of course want to keep improving. Don’t worry, we will go there with spirit and give them a fight.”

A win against Chelsea would not only mean the fact that Arsenal would be closing in on the title race, but it would also mean that The Gunners are completely back in form. They managed to win the last two English Premier League games at home, but still didn’t manage to win any on away territory so far in this Premier League season. A win away against Chelsea would boost their morale back to maximum figures and it would certainly mean that Arsenal’s back in the race. Let’s just hope that Wenger will manage to take advantage of last weekend’s mishap for Chelsea against QPR and win.