Wenger – Every win makes us stronger

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger was ecstatic about the way his players reacted in the second half of the away match on Stamford Bridge when they managed to turn the score around from 2-1 for Chelsea at halftime and manage to win the game 5-3 in a very decisive manner.

“Robin Van Persie is of course on fire and he takes advantage through his class. We attack a lot and we create chances overall of course. The intelligence of his movement around the box and the accuracy of his finishing is exceptional.”

“I think Koscielny was outstanding. He was the one at the back in the first half who looked strong. But I felt in the first half we gave them too much room at the back and in midfield and in the second half we got much tighter. We kept being dangerous going forward but we were less in trouble defensively.”

“What has changed is that we got half of the team in on August 31 and we had to qualify for the Champions League. We had to rebuild a complete unity in the way we want to play football. Every win makes you stronger as well.“

“So now the players get used to the way we play so we get stronger but we have to remain humble, keep focus and work very hard together. There is still some ground to make up to come into a stronger position in the league and teams in front of us do not drop many points. But that quality we have shown today should make us more confident.”

Robin Van Persie was once again the hero for Arsenal and he managed to score a hat-trick which brought him to the 10 goal mark so far in the season and on the first place in the top scorers table. Arsenal seem to have bounced back from the horrible form they were in at the start of the season, and they are now in the best form this year.