RVP – A hat-trick on Stamford Bridge means a lot

Arsenal’s captain and start footballer Robin Van Persie was ecstatic after he managed to score a hat-trick in the match against Chelsea on Stamford Bridge. The Dutch striker was the man of the match after he lead his team by example to a well deserved and resounding victory against their London rivals.

“You could see how happy we were at the end because we fought hard and every one of us showed character,” beamed Van Persie.

“It’s a big, big win for us today.”

“I was surprised when John Terry slipped because it was an easy back-pass and I only saw later that he slipped because I was closing him down.”

“I suddenly realized I was ­one-on-one with Petr Cech and a couple of things came to my mind as to what to do, but I did the easiest one.”

“It means a lot to get a hat-trick here because this is one of the hardest grounds to play at.”

Despite the bad start of the match and receiving a fast goal from Lampard, Arsenal managed to bounce right back into the match through Van Persie’s goal. The skipper also scored the last two goals of the game bringing joy to the supporters and to Wenger. With this win Wenger had the pressure lifted off his shoulders and now he can concentrate on building on these 5 consecutive wins in all leagues.