Santos – I’m happy and I’m adapting quickly

Arsenal’s newly transferred defender Santos came at the club with a bang and now he managed to make the former left-back Gael Clichy long forgotten with his excellent defensive work and with his offensive appetite. The Brazilian spoke to Arsenal’s official website about the way he celebrated the goal against Chelsea, a very important goal for both him and the team.

“The song is by a friend of mine and is topping the charts in Brazil,” he told Arsenal.com “I wanted to dance in tribute to him, so I asked the guys to wait. I love the song and I listen to it a lot.

“It was a very important goal, especially because that was my first London derby.

“I was very happy, I’m adapting to the English game quickly and I will keep working hard so that our team can grow in the competition.”

Santos did indeed get accustomed to the Premiership very fast and now with the rest of the team performing at a very high standard everything seems to be going great for the Brazilian. Let’s just hope Wenger will be able to keep this up until Arsenal is once again in the first spot in the table.