German star Mario Gotze snubs Arsenal’s interest

German wonderkid Mario Gotze doesn’t seem interested in the possibility to leave the Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund to join Arsenal or one of the other teams interested in the player.

It’s well known that Arsene Wenger attempted to transfer the 19-year-old attacking midfielder in the summer transfer opening, but the move was blocked by the player who seemed interested in spending at least another season at the German club. The fact that players who are coming from Dortmund’s youth division are very attached to the club’s values is very well known, but Arsenal’s manager still hopes to convince the midfielder to accept the move.

“I have a contract here until 2014 and I am more than happy. I think you can see that too and that is why I am happy to be here.”, said Gotze.

Gotze played a match against Arsenal with his team in the Champions League group stage and now he’s about to play another in the return leg. Last time the two teams met Arsenal managed to transfer midfielder Rosicky, and now Wenger’s hoping to be able to do the same.

With the team back in form if the Frenchman’s Gunners will have a chance at the title by the January transfer market opening that could help Wenger’s case when he attempts to transfer the midfielder again.