Now Inter Milan want Van Persie – Why doesn’t he just sign the Arsenal contract?

Reports have emerged this morning that Inter are going to make a formal bid for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie. Looking at the Dutchman’s fantastic form so far this season, its not hard to see why.

RvP has scored 11 goals so far this season and is almost single-handedly taking Arsenal up the Premier League table. Make no mistake about it, he is in the form of his life. Though he has repeatedly stressed on his commitment to the Gunners, his unwillingness to put pen to paper has put several of Europe’s elite clubs on alert.

Inter are currently fourth from bottom in the Serie A and are having a nightmarish time in front of goal. Claudio Ranieri’s men have only scored two goals at home this season, the worst record in the league. New signings Mauro Zarate and Diego Forlan have not impressed so far this season and are likely to be replaced while veteran striker Diego Milito is likely to hold on to his place. Inter are in desperate need of a new striker and Ranieri has his sights set on the Arsenal talisman.

If you’d ask me, I really dont see it happening. After losing Fabregas and Nasri in the summer, Wenger will be hell bent on hanging on to his captain. Moreover, I dont think RvP himself will fancy a move to Italy.

I just hope the Dutchman can sign on the dotted line and put these rumours to rest.