Rennes star has false EURO hopes, but wants to join Arsenal.

Primary Arsenal target Yann M’Vila was quoted by Metro saying that he is going to leave Rennes soon, but not until he gets to go with France at the 2012 Ukraine and Poland EURO. The player was close to Arsenal last summer, but he wanted to spend another season at the French club. Perhaps now he’ll rethink his options and choose to join The Gunners.

‘I feel ready to leave now,’ he told Fifa.com.

‘I just don’t think it’s a good idea with Euro 2012 coming up.’

At EURO 2012 M’Vila seems to think that France has a real chance at winning the competition.

‘I think we’ve got a genuine chance,’ he said.

‘We’re not going to Ukraine and Poland for the sightseeing, but to come back with the title.’

The good thing for M’Vila is that Wenger could sure use a player of his qualities as a defensive midfielder and that the French international is one of the manager’s favourites, but the bad news for him is that France really stands no chance to win EURO with Spain, Netherlands, Germany and other teams playing at a much higher level than they currently are.