Wigan’s Rodallega to Arsenal? Has Wenger gone crazy?

Wigan’s striker Hugo Rodallega is unsure whether to extend his contract with his club or not after several rumours have appeared which speak about interest for the player coming from Premier League sides Arsenal and Liverpool.

The club’s officials still don’t have an answer from the player, and chief executive Jonathan Jackson was quoted by The Daily Mail speaking about the possibility of keeping the player.

‘We want it resolved before the January window. Hugo’s still assessing his options but we hope he will stay.’

The 26-year-old striker is now rated at £15 million and has been playing for The Latics since 2009. He’s a regular first team player for both Wigan and his national squad Columbia, but despite all this…is he really a player worth of Arsenal’s and Liverpool’s attention?

I mean sure, Liverpool already has experience in buying and playing strikers who don’t score, but Rodallega scored 22 goals in 101 games. That’s a fairly poor average even for a midfielder, yet alone a striker.

He’s fairly good for a team like Wigan, but Arsenal? I don’t think so. If Chamakh doesn’t get to play how could he?