Real Madrid to test Jack Wilshere’s loyalty with £25m bid

Arsenal’s young midfield terrier Jack Wilshere is recovering from an ankle injury and is hoping to join the Gunners trophy hunt again in January. While discussing his recovery last week the 18 year-old said that he would like to stay at Arsenal for his whole career.

“I promise that, yeah. I’ve been at the club since I was nine and learned to love it.” Wilshere said.

“From the [Patrick] Vieira days, to [Dennis] Bergkamp, [Cesc] Fabregas, I’ve watched them come through and move on. There’s a crop of new players, [Aaron] Ramsey, myself, Kieran Gibbs hopefully we can really create something special. I love the club and I want to be part of its future.”

But today it has been revealed that the Spanish paper Marca (Real Madrid’s mouthpiece) have announced that Jose Mourinho’s team have picked five of the most promising youngsters in Europe to target in the next couple of years, and Wilshere is on the list along with the Barcelona B midfielder Rafinha, Athletic Bilbao winger Iker Muniain, Lille playmaker Eden Hazard and Dortmund midfielder Mario Gotze.

Hazard has already announced he will be moving to Madrid next summer and Madrid will be hoping that the others will follow in the near future. Despite Jack’s pledge of loyalty, would he be able to resist a mega-money offer from the richest club on the planet?