Wenger admits Arsenal are unlikely to buy in January

Arsene Wenger is being linked with a whole host of players after his massive spending spree at the end of the transfer window, but he doesn’t think he is likely to be investing more in January unless he gets a glut of serious injuries.

He was asked yesterday if he thought that more reinforcements were needed to make the Gunners into a force in the second half of the season and he replied: “In football you rule very few things out, because it depends if you have seven injuries in January.

“However, at the moment we have a big enough squad to cope.”

Given Arsenal’s previous record of injuries under Wenger, perhaps we can fully expect there to be at least seven injuries in January!