Wenger – Arsenal must close the gap on Man City before Xmas

Arsene Wenger is well aware that Arsenal’s terrible start to the season has left them with a massive disadvantage in the race for the Premier League title, but he thinks that the Gunners could put themselves back in the race if they can close the gap before Christmas.

He said: “We are too far away from the top at the moment,”

“My complete focus is to reduce that gap before Christmas and hopefully we can do that.

“Then in the second half of the season we play all of these teams at home, so if we can manage to do that we still have a chance to come back. But at the moment, we are too far.

“I don’t know how realistic it is, but what I know is that we have to give absolutely everything to make it realistic.”

It would certainly be some recovery if Wenger can get Arsenal back in the top Three, never mind challenging for the title. But if anyone can do it, Wenger can!