Wenger – We bounced back from hell

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger feels like his club and him went to the hell and back in this season start after the horrible games they had at the beginning. That’s understandable if we take into consideration that Arsenal was on the 17th position in the league at a certain point and Wenger is probably terrified of that.

“Usually, once the Devil has you in his hands, he doesn’t let you go again,” he said. “What I mean is that you are concerned that the confidence level drops and that it takes time to come out of it.

“In football, you can never rule anything out. Once you are 17th in the league you cannot say for a club like Arsenal that it is a comfortable position.

“It is still a warning in our head, but I think we have showed remarkable mental strength and consistency since.

“We came from Hell and if we have learned something it is to put 100 per cent effort in every single game. Maybe to have gone there helps us keep the urgency.”

At the moment Arsenal seems to be bouncing back into form and they managed to get in the 7th position in the rankings, but the match against Norwich City is a very important one. If the Gunners will manage to win and get right back into their winning streak it would be a good way for Wenger to keep the morale up and keep the football results coming.