Walcott leaves off Van Persie’s praises

Arsenal’s winger Theo Walcott is happy about the way things are going at the moment and even though his fellow striker Robin Van Persie is the best man at Arsenal at the moment, Theo declared for Arsenal.com that he enjoys playing side by side with what he called “one of the best strikers in the world”

“We just love playing together,” he said. “Over the past few years I have had my injuries and he has had his so we have not been able to sustain a run of games together.  But this year you can see signs that we just know where each other is going to be on the pitch. To be honest it makes it is easier for both of us. Robin is one of the best strikers in the world right now and a great leader too.”

“But then the whole team is gelling now. On the second goal you could see there was a lot of movement not just with the ball but without it. We were creating space for players and a lot of us are in form at the moment. And of course it is easier when we are winning.”

“If we want to climb up the table then, no disrespect to Norwich, but we should be coming to places like this and winning,” he said. “I did not think we deserved to be 1-0 down but they closed us down well. It was important to get the goal back before half time and we played some beautiful football.”

Theo is right, Van Persie is indeed one of the best strikers in the world,, but none of that would have been possible if the whole team wouldn’t put an effort in it, so everybody should try and praise those who help Robin be the best for a change. Arsenal wouldn’t be anywhere without Robin right now, but I think this works the other way around too.