Szczesny praises the defence but thinks he has to improve.

Arsenal’s overachieving goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny thinks he still has a lot to improve about his game, but he is happy about the way the defence is performing at the moment and about the how the whole team manages to work together to get the wins.

“I can feel the improvement in defence,” he said. “I think it has been the defensive work from the whole team starting with the strikers, midfielders, defenders and myself. “

“I think we have done very well defensively. We got two clean sheets in the last two games against Marseille which is a fantastic achievement because they are a quality side. That gives us a lot of confidence going into the game on Wednesday and hopefully we can just keep another clean sheet.”

“We work together on the training ground and it seems to be working during the games,” he added. “We are much more confident, we concede less goals and I hope we can keep it going.”

“Being vocal is my job, my job as a keeper is to talk to my defenders,” he said. “I feel like they trust in me, and when I say something they listen. I am just doing my job.”

“I still need to prove myself at this Club,” said the goalkeeper. “I still need to work hard every day and prove myself as a No 1 at this Club. “

“I am going to keep working hard and doing my best. I am satisfied but you can always be much better.”

Wenger’s Arsenal came a very long way in the last 5 weeks and they managed to bounce back after making a short visit to the relegation area. Now the Gunners have the same number of points at Chelsea and Liverpool, but they still have 12 points to make up for before they will be able to fight Manchester City for the title.