Dortmund snub Arsenal’s interest for Gotze

Arsenal’s attempt to transfer German midfielder Mario Gotze could be postponed another 6 months after Dortmund’s manager Klopp declared before the Champions League group stage game against Arsenal that they are not willing to let the player go in January.

“Nothing can happen in January. It’s not a problem. Arsenal is only about 10 per cent of what is written in Germany, so it’s not a problem,” said Klopp.

“Apparently, Bayern Munich are interested in him. He scored one against Bayern Munich and I will be happy if he wins against Arsenal.

“Nobody buys a player from Borussia Dortmund just like that. Not even Arsenal.

“Luckily, his focus is not an issue. He’s very relaxed about that.”

The 19-year-old midfielder snubbed the interest as well stating that his focus is now only on Dortmund.

“This match comes at a good time for us after the win in Munich. We need to win and that’s our objective,” said Gotze.

“I’ve heard the rumours from the Premier League, but I never let that affect me. I’m only focused on Dortmund, now more than ever.

“We won’t play a conservative system, that would be a mistake. We want to win and to do that we need to play an offensive game.”

Arsenal were hoping that they would be able to make a deal with the 19-year-old once the game will be over, but now it seems that they have to go back at the drawing board and perhaps prepare a stunning offer which will persuade the German club to sell in January.