Wenger – This is not the time to talk about Gotze coming to Arsenal

Arsene Wenger is preparing the Arsenal team to face Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League and there have been countless rumours saying that the Gunners are set to make a move for their best player, Mario Gotze, next summer.

Gotze is known as the ‘German Jack Wilshere’ because of his age and talent, and many Arsenal fans would love to see those two play alongside each other for the next decade, but Wenger refused to discuss Arsenal’s interest in the young star ahead of tonight’s game, and he also said he had no targets for January.

“At the moment in the transfer window we are just interested in keeping our squad,” Wenger said. “We have a big squad and we are not after anybody.

“Goetze is a very good player, I can understand there is a lot of interest in him around Europe.

“On our side though, I do not think this is the best time to talk about it.”

That statement actually sort of confirms that Arsenal are interested, but he refuses to try and unsettle Gotze in light of tonights match. I certainly hope that is true…..