Wenger speaks about January’s transfers

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger seems uncertain of what kind of transfers the club will be doing in January, if any. The Frenchman seems quite content with the way things are going at the moment and with the squad he has at hand, and doesn’t seem too eager to speak about transfers just yet.

“Overall it was a good game, Dortmund are a good team. They started stronger than we did but we needed to be patient, intelligent and I think in the second half we increased the tempo of our passing and controlled the game. Slowly you could feel that we could make the difference.”

“At the moment, in the transfer window we are just interested in keeping our squad,” he said. “We have a big squad and we are not after anybody.”

This could not be the best policy for Wenger who needs to understand that if at the moment if Arteta gets injured or Robin Van Persie does, Arsenal is back in the hole again. Wilshere is injured and that’s a big blow to the club, so Wenger’s can’t hope to compete for the title if he doesn’t have quality players backing up the first teamers.

It’s sometimes difficult to do this and to have top quality players on the bench, but in order to fight with Manchester City who spent billions of dollars on transfers you must at least have a large squad with quality players in it.