Jol – Van Persie keeps Holland going

Fulham’s boss Martin Jol thinks that not only Arsenal is dependent on Robin Van Persie, but the Holland national team as well. The striker was rested against Germany earlier this month and that game didn’t go so well, so the Dutch manager thinks that despite all the talent Holland has Van Persie is still the engine of the team.

“He [Van Persie] certainly is world class,” said Jol

“Maybe if Holland played in a similar style as Arsenal it would be the same.”

“But when you see him on his own up front, like we did for the national team at the World Cup, he was not scoring the goals.”

“It’s about confidence – the coach believes in him because he is playing him all the time.”

“He was rested against Germany a couple of weeks ago and the Dutch lost 3-0, so Van Persie will still be our first-choice No.9.”

Robin Van Persie showed a phenomenal form so far in the season and if Wenger will manage to keep him on the same track, not only will Arsenal manage to win some silverware but the Holland national squad will be a fierce rival at the 2012 EURO.