Wenger – Robin Van Persie became one of the best in the world

Arsene Wenger admits that Arsenal is now reliant on Robin Van Persie’s form, but also thinks that the Dutchman is one of the best strikers in the world at the moment. Fears that Robin might get himself injured are starting to arise at Arsenal, but everybody is trying to be optimistic.

“Robin is top, top, top in the world at the moment. Hopefully we can keep him going,” Wenger said.”

“He is in a period where he shows it is natural for him to score goals. When you are not desperate for goals, you score.”

“We are reliant on Robin, of course, because he scores many goals, and that is always a problem when you have when someone is playing extremely well.”

“However, I believe that players like Gervinho, [Theo] Walcott, [Andrey] Arshavin and [Aaron] Ramsey will score goals as well, but at the moment they are more in the providing zone.”

“I am confident that in the near future, some others will score goals as well.”

Wenger added: “We have [Marouane] Chamakh and Park Ju-Young, who I think are quality, but at the moment they are not getting the opportunities because Robin is in such fantastic form.”

“It will be up to them to show they can take the relay when needed because the season is long and we play in many competitions, hopefully for a long time. Everybody will get a chance.”

“I feel sorry for every player who does not play, but competition is part of our job,” he said.

“You must accept that in some periods of your career somebody can get in front of you.”

“You have to accept the gamble and the risk,”

“We had periods with Thierry Henry going through stages like this, it is the same.”

“Risk is part of the game and enjoyment demands risk. You have to just play full through it and that’s life. That is part of sport.”

Arsenal’s substitutes have nothing to do either than work hard and try to be better than Van Persie. It’s as simple as that. It’s not an easy task, but it’s the only way they can get a starting position. Nobody can question Wenger’s judgement and nobody can say that Van Persie should be substituted, so they have no other alternative.