Szczesny – We are not attractive but we win games

Arsenal’s goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny admitted that Arsenal is not playing the same kind of beautiful football they were last season, but the Pole is happy that the wins are coming in and he says that winning is all that counts.

“I think we’ve got more experienced players this season. We’ve got players like Mikel Arteta and Per who like to fight.”

“Mikel played for Everton who play different kind of football. Per’s got plenty of international experience and we seem like we can come out on top of all the challenges.”

“It’s a little bit different but as long as it’s effective we don’t mind. I think the players that have come in are very creative as well.”

“They make the difference in the final third. They are creative but they are different.”

“Maybe they are not as beautiful in the way they play but it doesn’t matter if you win the game. And we’ve been doing that over the last few weeks.”

Arsenal managed to get themselves on a positive streak now with 10 games with no defeat and even though they are not as spectacular as they were, progress is being made. Perhaps if Wenger will manage to transfer one or two players in January and Wilshere will be back soon Arsenal will be able to return to their attractive playing style.