Vermaelen – Fatigue is a big factor.

Arsenal’s both villain and hero against Fulham, defender Thomas Vermaelen, found no excuse for not getting the three points, but thinks that playing 3 matches in only one week could be very tiring for any club who has to do that, especially with a very tough game like the one against Dortmund.

“It’s been a tough week,” Vermaelen told Arsenal.com “We’ve had a few tough games where we’ve had to work hard and it’s not easy to play a third game in a week. “

“I think sometimes you could see that in the game, players were tired. That’s the way football is though, it’s really busy but it’s not an excuse.”

“We wanted to win this game because we were on a good run and we wanted to win especially at home. “

“A draw is of course better than a defeat but if I speak for myself I am quite disappointed today because we didn’t get the three points. But we didn’t manage to do that.”

“I think it was [John Arne] Riise who wanted to shoot, but I wanted to tackle him. Unfortunately the ball went in. “

“But it was a perfect cross [for my Arsenal goal] and I think it was an easy header to score.”

This is the second time this season Vermaelen manages to score a very important goal for Arsenal, proving that he’s an indispensable player for Arsene Wenger’s team.