Wenger promises a “strong team” against Man City

Arsene Wenger is well aware that Man City will be rotating their players for the Carling Cup match at the Emirates tomorrow night, but he also knows that the strength in depth of Roberto Mancini’s team means that the Gunners will not be facing a team of unknown reserves.

So he is intending to try and win the game by playing as many of his senior squad as possible to give Arsenal a good chance to win the game and progress to the semi-finals.

“We have a few players on the edge like Van Persie and Walcott, who had a hamstring alert, and Ramsey,” said Wenger. “We’ll have to see how they respond to 24 hours rest.

“It will be easier for you to pick the Man City team because you can look in the stand and on the bench [against Liverpool] and you will see who plays on Tuesday. We have red alerts on a few players but I will pick as strong a team as I can.”

“I will change my philosophy a little bit,” he continued. “I’ve always said that I will play a team that has a chance to qualify. We will give them a game, don’t worry.”

That is good news, and there is no reason why Arsenal can’t take advantage of a weakened Man City side that are showing signs of shakiness in the last couple of games….