Podolski hints towards an Arsenal transfer

Arsenal’s transfer target Lukas Podolski offered an incentive interview in which he kind of opened the door for incoming offers from Arsenal and other interested clubs. Arsene Wenger’s interest in the German striker is well known, and Arsenal’s scouts have been seen at Koln’s game throughout this season.

‘I was told the plan was to get back into Europe here, but we have failed and of course I have to ask myself why,’ said the German international.

‘My family and friends may live here and I know every corner of the city, but if I am in top condition, then I think I could fit into any side in Europe. I am not forced to stay only in Cologne,’ he added.

Arsenal is expected to submit an offer for the striker who might prove to be exactly what Wenger needs in order to win the league. If Robin Van Persie gets injured now Wenger won’t have much of a choice for the striker position and Chamakh or Park are not really players who can replace Robin at the moment.