Vermaelen – I want to play against Man City please!

The Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen has only recently returned from injury, but he just wants to play in every single game that comes along.

Arsene Wenger has tried hard not to risk him too much and has rotated with Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny, but the Belgian has openly declared that he wants to play in tonights game against Man City, and he assures Arsenal fans that the team are playing to win the game.

“We’re taking everything seriously,” he said. “If you’re at a club like Arsenal you want to win every game. Every game is important and we take everything seriously.

“I don’t know who is going to play, maybe it will be a mix and maybe it will be a first team. We haven’t talked about it yet.

“Of course I want to play every game because I haven’t played too much,” he added. “I think I am able.

“It’s up to the boss and it is his decision but I feel good and fit enough to play so we’ll see …”

Wenger has already announced that he will be playing any senior players that are not exhausted from the fixture congestion, and surely Vermaelen will be fresher than most….