Frimpong wants out of Arsenal in January!

Arsenal’s defensive midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is likely to leave Arsenal for a loan spell until the end of the season. In an interview he offered the Ghanaian midfielder said that he needs more playing time and that he feels it would be better for him to get a loan move until his career develops a bit more.

“Obviously I had a decent start to the season but when players like Alex Song are back, along with Mikel Arteta and Aaron Ramsey, it’s normal that they’ll play because they’re more senior than I am,” he said.

“Aaron and Alex had to wait for their chances in the past and that’s what happens in football.”

“You have to be patient and can’t expect to be thrown straight in. You need to keep learning and hope that, when your chance comes, everything goes well.”

“At the moment it’s hard for me to get into the team, no doubt about that,” he added.

“When you aren’t playing, the obvious choice is to go out for a little while and try to get some game time.”

“When January comes we’ll see, you never know how things will go, so we’ll look at it then.”

Frimpong had some great appearances for the Gunners this season, but he can’t play at the moment given the midfielders Arsenal has, and once Wilshere will be fit once again this will be an even tougher task for the Ghanaian international who is more of a defensive player.