Koscielny got tired of being a third choice central defender!

Laurent Koscielny felt that he was getting outran by other defenders at the club and started working harder and harder to be a first team player even though at the moment he’s playing as a right-back after fellow Frenchman Backary Sagna got injured and will be out until next year.

“I think for a defender it is the best championship,” he told Arsenal.com “I have had a bit of time now to be strong and get to know this league. “

“Now I feel good on and off the pitch and I try to put the effort into being a good defender. “

“You don’t have to play differently here, you just have to work on the physical side. It’s very different to France or Spain and the strikers are very strong. I’ve worked a lot to do that.”

“I try to do the defensive work,” he said. “It is a little difficult to help Theo though because he is too quick! I try to give the best I can, and that’s it. I can get forward once or twice a game. “

“I try to do the job seriously but I hope Bacary or Carl come back quickly.”

Koscielny proved an impressive set of skills offering a great performance as a right-back in the last games he played for Arsenal. With Mertesacker and Vermaelen in the center this is his safest bet to keep a first team spot for the moment, so he should get used to playing on the wing. Don’t you think so?