Djourou – Don’t write Arsenal off yet!

The Arsenal central defender (or right-back!) Johann Djourou doesn’t think that the Carling Cup defeat to Manchester City means that Arsenal have lost their big chance of a trophy this season, in fact he still thinks the Gunners have a chance in all three other tournaments to be decided.

“I don’t agree at all that the Carling Cup was our best chance,” he said.

“We’re still in the Champions League having already qualified for the next round, there’s still the FA Cup and in the league there is a long way to go.

“I think that people write us off but as an Arsenal player I am still fighting for it. I know my team-mates are as well. We need to get into a good position, take it game by game and anything is possible – the season doesn’t finish until May. There’s a long way to go.”

Considering where Arsenal were after the first few games, a one-goal loss to the League Leaders with reserves, after a ten-game unbeaten run, makes you think that Djourou has got a point!