Wenger – Arsenal don’t need to buy in January unless we get injuries

Arsenal is not going to have the January transfer season that all Gunner fans were hoping of according to manager Arsene Wenger who doesn’t want to bring anybody at the club with the exception of some extraordinary cases. According to the Frenchman Arsenal has a large squad and there’s no need for reinforcements if player won’t get injured.

“At the moment, I do nothing in January,” said the Frenchman. “I have a big squad, but if you knock at my door and say, ‘I have a fantastic player for you’ I will not turn it down.

“If we have no injuries, we should get away with it because we have Chamberlain, who can play there. Park, Arshavin and Van Persie.

“So we still have offensive players, but we could be a bit short if we have an injury.”

If Wenger won’t move on the transfer market in January he will once again make a mess of things at the end of the season when the fatigue will be at a high and he won’t have top quality replacements. Arsenal does indeed have a large squad, but you can’t compare Chamakh or Park with Robin Van Persie and that’s what Wenger needs to understand before it’s too late again.