Wenger – Barcelona and Real Madrid are better than us

Arsene Wenger acknowledges that Arsenal is at the moment below Barcelona and that the English team cannot afford to make any plans to win the Champions League as opposed to Real Madrid and the other Spanish giant team.

“At the moment I would say in Europe there are two super favourites ā€“ Barcelona and Real Madrid,” he said. “Behind them, everyone else can hope to win it and we will try to win.ā€

“At the moment we are not one of the favourites but one advantage we have is that we have finished top of our group. ā€œ

“From now it becomes a cup competition. The Champions League becomes different when you go in the last 16, it is more open. You need a bit of luck in the draw and you need to have your players available in the two games.”

Barcelona and Real Madrid might be the best two teams in the world but Wenger canā€™t think like that. He must concentrate at the task at hand, keep his players fit and in form, do a few great signings in January which can help him in the Champions League as well and the task will be much closer for him to achieve.