Santos Injured – What Will Arsenal Do With Lack Of Experience In The Defence?

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger paid a big price in the last match of the Champions League group stage against Olympiakos. Two Gunners fell to duty and unfortunately one of them is a very important asset for the team. Left-back Santos got an ankle injury and the manager declared he’s going to be out for a while. Wenger also had to substitute goalkeeper Fabianski after he sustained yet another injury, this time to his knee.

“Santos suffered a bad ankle injury. It looks like he will be out for a while. We have (Kieran) Gibbs coming back in two to three weeks.”, said Wenger

“Hopefully Santos will not be too long but, for Saturday against Everton, he looks to be struggling.”

“I am annoyed because we lost. It’s difficult to single out (individuals).”

“Offensively and defensively we were not convincing, we lost many challenges. We came back to 2-1 and it looked more like we could level, but they scored the third.”

“The young players have shown good things but, as a team, we missed a bit of maturity to keep the ball when we were under ­pressure.”

The big question mark here is what will Wenger do without Santos in the few following matches. Gibbs is also out for now so Arsenal really has no left-back. And if it wasn’t enough that they had to play with Koscielny as an improvisation on the right side of the defence, now Wenger will have to do the same on the left side. Do you think Arsenal will be able to cope with this and still keep the streak going?