Wenger Snubs Rumours About New Centre-backs

Arsenal’s manager Arsnee Wenger reacted to the recent transfer speculations which are being made in England and made his strategy clear for everybody.

The French manager denied rumours, but didn’t say that Arsenal are not going to transfer any player and declared:

“We will not be on the market for any centre-back, I can assure you,”

According to SkySports the statement comes as a reaction to rumours which were linking Brazilian defender Alex with a possible move across town to join the Gunners, but apparently Wenger is not interested.

Alex became an outcast at Chelsea since Andres Villas-Boas came at the club and he’s very likely to leave in January. Even though he would have been a great addition to Arsenal it seems that Wenger’s focus is elsewhere in the transfer market and not on centre-backs.

Arsenal’s centre-back Mertesacker is quoted by the same source speaking about possible transfers, and it seems that the German giant think that full-backs are the main issue at the club now that both Santos and Sagna are out for now. You can read more about Mertesacker’s statement HERE.