Wenger’s Not Interested In French Star Yoann Gourcuff

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger replied to the rumours which were linking the Gunners with a possible move for Lyon’s centre midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, saying that they’re not interested in him yet.

“He is a player I like a lot and I believe people have been very critical towards him in France.

Gourcuff also offered a statement in which he basically said he’s not willing to go at the moment.

“I am a Lyon player,” he told Canal Football Club.

“My objective is to achieve a very good second part of the season with Lyon which could allow me to play at Euro 2012.”

It’s a shame because he would have been a great asset for the club especially given the current situation at the club with Wilshere injured. What do you think?