Wenger Is Trailing Milan Star Full-Back

According to French newspapers Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger might have already found a replacement for the injured full-backs at the club in the persona of Nigerian Taye Taiwo who is frustrated by his current situation at Milan.

“Every day I suffer more and more because I am not given the chance to play,” the 26-year-old told L’Equipe.

“I came here to give my contribution, but I have always been on the bench and have played only six games so far.

“Sometimes I go to the stands but I need to play to get into shape.

“It seems clear to me that I don’t have the confidence of Allegri. Staying under these conditions is not possible for me.”

The 26-year-old full-back joined Milan in the summer from French side Marseille but he seems unable to impose himself at the club, so he’s looking for an escape route. Wenger is looking for a worthy replacement until the two first team full-backs come back, so Taiwo might be one of the Professor’s January targets.