Wenger – We Need To Bring Another Striker In January

Arsenal’s beloved manager Arsene Wenger finally agreed to the speculations which have been making the news lately and admitted that the Gunners could use another striker at the club if any good one will show up on the radar.

“We lose players like Chamakh and Gervinho to the Africa Cup of Nations so hopefully, touch wood, we do not get any injuries to our strikers,” he said.

“But if an opportunity turns up in that department then we will buy.”

The statement comes after the press has been linking Arsenal with a possible move for a few strikers in the Europe with Podolski or Giroud holding the headlines, and even one from Brazil as former Tottenham target Leandro Damiao caught Wenger’s eye.

Arsenal are most likely to snatch Podolski who is proving his worth week in week out for Koln lately, and he just scored on Tuesday a late equaliser against Mainz. This goal takes him on the third position in the top scorer list in the Bundesliga, and takes his quota up to 13 goals in only 16 matches played this season.