Lescott would welcome Van Persie at Man City. Will he go?

Manchester City’s central defender Joleon Lescott admits that Robin Van Persie is a big threat, and says that is the manager will decide to try to transfer him in January he will be an excellent addition to the Manchester club.

“I wouldn’t swap him for any of our strikers – but I’d take him as well.

“We’d welcome any great players here and he is one. He’s the man for Arsenal at the moment and he’s obviously their main goal threat.

“He’s right up there with the best strikers around. As a forward you get judged on goals so at the moment he’s the best in the league.

“He can score all sorts of goals, with either foot. His work-rate for the team is great as well.”

Robin Van Persie has been linked with City and Real Madrid even since the summer, and transfer rumours between the two clubs are popping up daily. Even though Robin isn’t probably looking for a way out, he hasn’t yet agreed to a new contract and that is problematic for Wenger.