Monchengladbach Warn Arsenal To Stay Away From Reus

Arsenal’s deal for Monchengladbach’s Marco Reus might be off as sporting director Max Eberl declared that there have been no official inquiries for the 22-year-old and that he’s not for sale right now.

Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Manchester City are all interested in the midfielder’s services, but according to club officials he won’t be leaving Gladbach any time soon.

“There is no offer,” he told Sky television.

“It is obvious that the lad is interesting and he is playing a fantastic season and it is also obvious that he feels very, very happy with us.

“We have not received any enquiries and there would be no point in any arriving because we want to keep hold of the lad for a long time.”

Wenger was expected to submit a fee for him in January as Reus is part of a very short list of midfielders the manager is interested in which also includes Mario Gotze, Hazard and M’Vila. With Arsenal now a long way behind City who are currently Premiership leaders Wenger is likely to make a few changes at the club in January even though he’s now known for doing that in the past.