Should Arsenal Renew Interest In Ayew?

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger is expected to renew interest in one of the club’s older transfer targets Andre Ayew after Marseille officials admitted they’re now looking for a replacement for him upon his leave at the African Cup of Nations.

“The club’s priority for the winter transfer market is to replace those players who will leave for the African Cup of Nations, most notably Andre Ayew,” club chairman Vincent Labrune told L’Equipe.

“We don’t have cover for him in our group as yet.

“We want to find two players that can really bring something to our squad.

“We will use the winter market to try and bring in players who will help us to reach our target of finishing in the top three.”

Arsenal is expected to lose Arshavin in January who is now very frustrated by the fact that he has been often sidelined since Ivorian Gervinho joined the Gunners, and Wenger will have to find a suitable replacement for the Russian. Although the strikers are not the number one priority at the club, Wenger is expected to bring in at least one after admitting that Chamakh’s and Gervinho’s leave to the ACN won’t be a positive thing for the cub.