Wenger – We Are Short Of Players And Need Transfers

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger admits that the Gunners need to make some changes in January and bring in several players. According to the Frenchman a striker is on the list and a full-back would be needed as well given the long injury list.

“We hope to have (Jack) Wilshere and (Abou) Diaby back so in midfield we have the numbers required.

“But at the moment we are short at the back and if Gervinho and Chamakh go to the Africa Cup of Nations we are short up front more than midfield.”

The manager also spoke about Djourou’s injury after the City match:

“It is a groin problem. Usually that is 21 days.”

Djourou was substituted at halftime and that’s when things started to change for Arsenal’s defence which started to feel all the pressure Manchester City was putting on it.

Arsenal’s boss doesn’t have a positive history when it comes to January signings. As a club official also stated recently, the Gunners are known for summer transfers and not so much for January transfers, but now the situation at Arsenal is critical once again and the manager will have to make some changes just to make sure he has a quality first team every week.