Rosicky should be starting ahead of Ramsey for Arsenal

After another disappointing trip to Manchester, Arsenal find themselves 12 points off the pace and with a lot of catching up to do. Although it was a truly spirited performance from the Gunners, they just lacked that cutting-edge in midfield.

I just couldn’t help but highlight another below par performance from Aaron Ramsey. Sure, he had a neat and tidy game, but really lacked an end product. The Welshman clearly has no shortage of ideas but his execution was horrible. To be quite honest, at no point during the game did he look like a threat. Don’t get me wrong, I think he is a fantastic player with loads of potential, but I really don’t know if he’s good enough (yet) to be the creative force in the Arsenal team.

As I was watching the game, I couldn’t help but think to myself whether Tomas Rosicky could have done any better. The Czech Republic captain has had a good season so far and has put in some great performances. Lately, he has shown signs of getting back to his former self.

In my opinion, all his class and experience is being wasted on the bench. Despite being 31, he is still very energetic and shows great commitment on the pitch. How he does not get more first-team opportunities is beyond me.

If I were Wenger, I would give the Czech midfielder a good run of games and see how he does. Besides, I think it’s about time that Rambo gets a rest. I believe that he can have more of a positive influence on the game than the Ramsey does.

With Jack Wilshere set to return in February and another creative midfielder likely to come in, the future doesn’t seem very bright for the ‘Little Mozart’. I just hope that Wenger gives him more first-team opportunities before he gets completely over-shadowed.

What do you think?