Wenger Admits Full-back Interest, But Only Temporary

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger admitted that he’s going to transfer a left-back, but said that the loan move is the single viable option for the Gunners who are not looking to replace Santos or Gibbs, but just bring in a temporary replacement until they’ll be fit again.

Having been linked with a possible move for former Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge, Wenger said that Arsenal are not decided yet on what they should do.

“I haven’t made any enquiry yet for Wayne Bridge or anyone else,” commented Wenger.

“It is of course something we will look at but it depends on how long you have to take them.

“I have to see what is available – if I have a good opportunity then why not? They have a big impact on your wages.

“If you have to sign a player for three or four years and then you have three or four left-backs, only one can play, so they are not happy.

“It can only be a short-term solution for us because we have bought Santos, we have Gibbs, we have (Thomas) Vermaelen who can play there, so we do not need a long-term solution.”

Gibbs was having a great time when he got injured and so did Santos, so bringing a temporary substitute seems like the best option for the club at the moment. Who do you think can join?