Wenger to ponder the return of the Messiah on Christmas Day!

With Gervinho and Chamakh surely leaving for the African Cup of Nations, Arsene Wenger is considering signing cover in the attacking department. The answer could be the return of the biggest Arsenal legend of all time, Thierry Henry!

“That’s why I have Christmas Day off – I have to think about that,” said Wenger.
“Short-term is ideal for us, but I haven’t made any enquiry yet. Thierry is not here at the moment. It has never come up in conversation!

“The first of January is the vital date for us. We have seven days to make decisions and I will make a decision in the next seven days on players.”

The very fact that Wenger publicly speaks about the possibility of the legendary Henry returning is proof enough that the move is likely to happen. Furthermore with the Major League Soccer league only beginning in several months, Henry might fancy a spell back at the club that he carried forward in years back.

While he may be 34 years old and perhaps has lost some pace in his legs, there is little doubt about his technical ability and his scoring rate in the MLS (14 goals, the 3rd highest scorer in their league) is encouraging. Most importantly, he will be putting in dedicated and energetic shifts in contrast to that of some Arsenal players. He may not start a great number of matches but having him to back van Persie up is a decent option, and his influence on the training ground may be good for the younger players.

It remains to be seen if the King will return to the Emirates but surely a loan move like that can only be beneficial to the team! And will our God Wenger decide to return the Messiah to us on Christmas Day?

***Read what ALL the Arsenal blogs are saying at JustArsenalBlogs.com***