Fabregas – There was no passion in the Arsenal team!

Former Arsenal captain and start player, Cesc Fabregas, declared that he would love the opportunity to go back to Arsenal if this would ever come up and that even though he’d like to finish his career at the Catalan club he wouldn’t say no to a return to London.

“Apart from Arsenal and Barcelona, I don’t see myself playing anywhere else,” he told Sky Sports News.

“I will definitely be going back (to Arsenal) whenever I have time to watch games and to see the guys, and you never know in the future, why not?

“I hope I will stay here (Barcelona) for a very long time, and maybe even retire here, but why not? In life, you can never say never, and if there is one place to go back to, it is Arsenal for sure.”

“It looked like there was no real passion in the team to play,” he said. “I’ve always tried my best to make the team go forward and I could see nothing I was saying was really working.

“I was going into training not feeling the same motivation as when I was 16-years-old, and I felt a little bit stuck. I think everyone in life has a time when they need to start again.”

“It was very hard, the hardest decision I have ever made, even if it was my dream to play for Barcelona,” he said.

“I’m not embarrassed to say the day I left all I could say (to Arsene Wenger) was thank you very much. I couldn’t talk more. I’m not embarrassed to say I nearly cried. It was very emotional.”

Even though he chose to leave, Fabregas will always be one of the most loved players in the history of the club, and Gunner fans from all over the world would surely embrace him once again if he would choose to come back.