Wenger Snubs Star French Midfielder Interest

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger vehemently snubbed the possibility of bringing Lyon’s midfielder Frenchman Yoann  Gourcuff saying that the Gunners don’t need another midfielder.

The Frenchman seems to be certain that the returns of Wilshere and Diaby will be enough to make the side much stronger, and rejects any midfielder transfer possibilities.

“No. In midfield I have Wilshere and Diaby, who will be back, and that would mean a lot of players.”

“I see his evolution in a positive way,” Wenger said. “He is back from a long injury that put him away from the pitch for five months.

“He needs time to come back. That is typical. From January to May, he has time to get back to his best.”

Arsene Wenger might not be interested or he might just try to dissimulate like he did so many times before. The Frenchman admitted Arsenal would indeed need to make some transfers, but declared that a striker and a full-back are on the list, and that the full-back would have to come on loan only.