Wenger Speaks About Possible January Signings

With the January transfer market opening now breathing down the Premier League’s neck Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger didn’t deny the possibility of bringing in reinforcements at the club.

The Frenchman is vehement in saying that if somebody will come to Arsenal he will be the first to tell the press, but admits that cannot disclose any more information until the player is signed.

“There is no story and if we sign anybody we will inform you,” he said. “If you want to write a story I cannot stop you.

“I am 15 years in England and I never told before I signed somebody the name of who I would sign. If we sign anybody we will inform you, I cannot tell you much more.”

Arsenal is expected to be on the market for a full-back which Wenger wants to bring on loan as he declared earlier this month, and a striker will also be on the Frenchman’s wish list with German star Lukas Podolski as the headliner.

Outgoings of Chamakh, Arshavin and Squillaci are also expected but even if Chamakh won’t go he won’t be of much use either because he has to join his national team at the ACN.