The Ox intends to fight for his place in Arsenal’s first team

The Arsenal youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been more than happy with the events of 2011 and is looking forward to improving even further in 2012.

This time last year he was still at Southampton and after his move to the Emirates he has impressed in his few first-team games, but he intends to carry on improving and force Arsene Wenger to give him further chances in the future.

“It’s been exciting for me this year joining Arsenal, I’ve loved every minute of it so far and I wouldn’t change a thing,” Oxlade-Chamberlain said.

“I enjoyed the end of last season with Southampton too so I can’t really complain about how this year has gone. I’m looking forward to 2012 and hopefully it can bring good things for this club and for me personally.”

“The stuff Wenger says to me, to the team, just makes so much sense,”

“It’s just little things like that you can always pick up stuff. The main thing he’s said to me is that I’ve got the ability to play at this level and it’s just how much I want it. That just sums it up for me really.

“I know I just have to keep working hard, get my head down and keep pushing to put pressure on him to select me. It’s encouraging to hear him say that to me because it’s always good advice.

“If it’s criticism it’s always constructive and I do go away and listen. My relationship with him since I’ve been here has been very good, the same with Pat Rice too. I’m still young and I’m learning.”

Wenger has promised to give hThe Ox more experience in the early part of the year, and Arsenal fans have been clamouring for him to be picked ahead of Arshavin. Let’s hope that they get their wish very soon.

I don’t know much about the Chinese calendar, but could this be The Year Of The Ox coming up!