Wenger – I can’t announce it, but Henry has the quality for arsenal

The Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that club legend Thierry Henry will sign a two-month loan deal to return to the Emirates once insurance agreements are worked out with his parent club, New York Red Bulls.

Speaking in his pre-match press conference(against QPR), the Frenchman had this to say:

“For two months it certainly will happen. I don’t take care of the agreement and the insurance and that is not completed.

“At the moment we cannot announce anything as all the paperwork is not done.

“To cover for two months is ideal. He has the experience and the quality. He knows the club and can help the players on and off the pitch.

“He has exceptional talent and is a very intelligent man, it can only be positive.”

Once an agreement is reached with the American side, Henry will be eligible to feature in as many as seven Premier League games which include key fixtures against Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur. He is most likely to make his first Arsenal appearance since 2008 against Leeds United in the third round of the FA Cup on January 9. The 34-year-old will also be in the Gunners squad that will travel to Italy to face AC Milan in the Champions League in mid-February.

Recent reports have suggested that Henry himself is very keen on the move and is more than willing to help out his former club come January.

***Arsenal to sign Lee Dixon and Nigel Winterburn!***