Frimpong joins Wolves in time to face Chelsea tomorrow

The Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong has completed his loan move to Wolves today and will be thrust straight into the limelight tomorrow as Wolves face the Gunners London rivals Chelsea at home.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is thrilled to have the Arsenal youngster in the side and has promised Arsene Wenger that he will be playing him regularly. McCarthy said: “I’m delighted the deal is done with Emmanuel and he’s available for Monday because we need fresh players. We’ll be continuing to try and get players in but I’m delighted with the business we have done so far.

“..Manny Frimpong is a really great signing for us.

“He’s a terrific young player and an exciting prospect. He is an all-action, tough-tackling midfield player who can get about and pass it. I watched him against Manchester City and he got box to box and his career is blossoming.

“He should be a fabulous signing for us. It’s good to get people in here for the first games because if you wait until the end of January it’s another four or five games gone.”

Frimpomg himself is also pleased that he will get lots of regular first-team action from now until the end of the season, and can’t wait to get thrown straight in against Chelsea.

“It’s an opportunity for me to get more games.” he said. “I’m just coming here to add more quality to the team, hopefully, and I can’t wait to get started.

“I’m just happy to be here and excited about my new challenge. I’m a player that likes to fight, that likes to do everything for the team to win.

“I’ve played quite a few games already this season so it’s been a quick step up for me and I’ve learned a lot during the season and hopefully I can bring something different to the squad here.

“It’s a tough game to come into but that’s what I’m here for, to play against teams like Chelsea, and if I’m selected I’ll be looking forward to the challenge.”

Let’s hope that Frimpong can help Wolves take some points off Chelsea so Arsenal can pull away from them in the table. Come on Manny!