Wenger Wants Reinforcements But Only Loan Moves. Why?

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger spoke again about the club’s full-back problem, but confirmed that the best option for the Gunners is still to bring somebody on loan until the summer when all the 4 full-backs they currently have will be available to play.

“At the moment nothing, we don’t have a concrete case but we don’t rule it out,” Wenger told Arsenal.com “[A loan defender is] the likely scenario, yes.

“[I am expecting a] quiet [market]. Europe is depressed and there is not a lot of money available, only some clubs who have exceptional resources.

“Let’s say that clubs who are not linked with the economic environment at the moment can buy!”

It was very unfortunate for Wenger to lost all his full-backs like that and he is right when he says that you can’t buy 10 full-backs just in case you have massive injury problems.

All gunner fans are still expecting a move from Arsenal who just managed to bring back Henry on a very short loan which will last till February. The Gunners need lengthy reinforcements in the attacking side of the team given the upcoming African Cup of Nations, don’t you think?