Spanish Wonderkid Snubs Arsenal’s Interest

After attracting interest from Premiership’s big clubs Chelsea, United and Arsenal, Barcelona’s wonderkid Isaac Cuenca has decided on his future with the Catalan club.

With a contract due to end in the summer, Cuenca was stalling contract talks and that’s why Premiership’s giants took notice. The player isn’t interested though and will extend his contract with the Catalan club soon as he declared that his dream is to be part of the Spanish club.

“My deal will end in June, but my plan is to remain at Barca.

“My desire is to sign a new contract, and talks are very advanced. We are almost there.

“For me to be in this Barcelona team is a dream.”

Cuenca is a product of Barcelona’s youth academy but would have been an amazing asset for any of the three Premiership clubs who could have used such a talented young winger. At only 20 years old the Spanish U-21 international is due to break into the first team soon and to show his true skills.

Arsenal will have to look elsewhere but Wenger is running out of time to settle on a player and make a transfer, and the Gunners need a striker more than ever with Chamakh and Gervinho preparing to leave for the African Cup of Nations.